~
View user profilehttp://immortality.forumotion.me

Why don't the stars match...?

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 21:57
wwfjdraw

Why don't the stars match...?

Lead[-]

19/02/14 19:48
Why don't the stars match from the hex generator compared to the hex chart web pages stars?

On this page http://superiching.com/chart.htm#li in the chart 
SameTop gua is Chen
 you see:

the stars as the following order:

K
G
B
R
K
P

But on the page of the hexagram generator 

with the same hexagram it shows the stars with a different pattern

P
B
R
K
P
G

For example the whole picture from the hexagram generator page is:

Year: w, Month: y, Day: yo-VIII, Empty: t & c

Queen - 44        Same - 13

P sh  -           P sh  -       gry
      B s   -           B s   -       yel
      R w   -  U        R w   -       red
      B yo  -           K h   -       grn
 G y  K h   O           P c  - -      blk
      P c   X  J        G m   -       wht

Stable

So I understand that the reason we use a hexagram generator is so that we can be given what the chinese date conversion is so that we can see what the elements are of the tossing month date and year. And to get the color arrangement.

But I always thought that the hexagram star position as shown from the generator would match as the chart shows from the page.

But they don't. So I was wondering is there something wrong with the generator to make it inaccurate? Or is the hexagram chart page inaccurate? Or is there some other reason that the stars do not match?

And does this mean that I can never go off of the stars from the hexagram chart page because they are not relevant unless they match with the generator? Or visa versa? Do I go off of the star pattern from the Hexagram chart page and not the one from the generator?

I'm back at trying to learn this stuff, so that I can give reading for free and help out, so any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #1 [-]

19/02/14 20:39
Another question is on this page: http://superiching.com/12dates.htm

In the chart. It shows the elements and what they are Healthy in Strongest in Weak in Buried in
(Grave) Disappear in.

But then in the text below it, so many sentences say things that are not shown in the chart.

In this sentence: " Wood is healthy in the month of h, t, and c because these three months are watery."

But in the chart, it shows it not only healthy in h, t, and c... But it also shows healthy in sh in the chart. So then why did he not mention sh in his sentence? Was the chart wrong? Or did he just chose to ignore the sh element and only mention the others that were in the chart for some other reason?

Also in the sentence "Wood is weak in e and w because these two months are the months of summer." I am confused again. Because in the chart it shows that wood is also week in cn. But then why again did it not get mentioned with the other two in the sentence?

Also in this sentence "Wood disappears in s, yo, and sh because these three months are the month of cold winter."... But how can wood disappear in sh since wood is strong in sh according to the chart that shows wood is strong in sh, h, t, c...?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #2 [-]

19/02/14 21:48
There's nothing wrong.with Stars order.  When a hex is changing,  2nd hex Stars (R, P, G etc) follows 1st hex Stars, while the elements (t,c,y etc) stay same, for example:

First Hex 13 :

Same - 13       

K sh  -  U
      G s   -  
      B   -  
      R h   -  J
      K - - 
      P m   -  

Stable          

Changed hexagram 13 when original hex (1st) is 44 :

Queen - 44        Same - 13

P sh  -            P sh  - 
      B s   -             B s   - 
      R w   -  U        R w   - 
      B yo  -            K h   - 
 G y  K h   O          P c  - -
      P c   X  J         G m   - 

Stable

Following first hex Stars:
- if 1st line earth element (c) is P every earth element (c,cn,wa,sh) in 2nd hex  will also be P.
- if 2nd line water element (h) is K  every water element (t,h) in 2nd hex  will also be K.
- If hider wood element (y) is G every wood element (y,m) in 2nd hex  will also be G.

Will check your other question later on, I'm a bit busy at the moment.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #3 [-]

19/02/14 22:09
Thank you for replying!

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #4 [-]

20/02/14 02:20
So I can follow the Hexagram generators shown position of stars then without any fear?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #5 [-]

20/02/14 05:18
wwfjdraw wrote:

So I can follow the Hexagram generators shown position of stars then without any fear?

Yes, nothing worry about, except problem with empty dates. Alex changed the empty dates chart, instead of a new set of empty dates on day I, set of empty elements remain same.

Interact

[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

Re: Why don't the stars match...?

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 21:58
Xiao Hu  #6 [-]

20/02/14 05:33
wwfjdraw wrote:

Another question is on this page: http://superiching.com/12dates.htm

In the chart. It shows the elements and what they are Healthy in Strongest in Weak in Buried in
(Grave) Disappear in.

But then in the text below it, so many sentences say things that are not shown in the chart.

In this sentence: " Wood is healthy in the month of h, t, and c because these three months are watery."

But in the chart, it shows it not only healthy in h, t, and c... But it also shows healthy in sh in the chart. So then why did he not mention sh in his sentence? Was the chart wrong? Or did he just chose to ignore the sh element and only mention the others that were in the chart for some other reason?

Also in the sentence "Wood is weak in e and w because these two months are the months of summer." I am confused again. Because in the chart it shows that wood is also week in cn. But then why again did it not get mentioned with the other two in the sentence?

Also in this sentence "Wood disappears in s, yo, and sh because these three months are the month of cold winter."... But how can wood disappear in sh since wood is strong in sh according to the chart that shows wood is strong in sh, h, t, c...?
Don't know why he didn't mention some things.

You are right, there are errors in Strength chart. The Chinese calendar is cyclical and each cycle is made up of 12 stages (years, months, hours) and after the 12th stage, the cycle is repeated.

In chart Wood and Fire are counted clockwise without any jumps from one stage to another when  Metal and Water a

Wood:  healthy begins with sh than we have h, t ,c, y , m, cn, e, w, wa s, and yo, a complete cycle.
Fire: healthy begin with c than we have y, m, cn, e, w, wa, s, yo, sh, h and t. a complete cycle.

However, when it comes to Metal and Water it goes like this:

Metal : begins with cn, e than sh instead of w . w is in disappearing stage instead of healthy since w follows e in cycle not sh.
Water: healthy begins with s, yo than h instead of sh.. another error...

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #7 [-]

20/02/14 18:01
Would it be ok, if you wrote down a mimic version of the strength chart for all the elements, and then uploaded it to the forum? Except with your chart can you have all the corrections made to it to make it accurate.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #8 [-]

20/02/14 18:02
So that in this chart, it looked just like Alexs chart but it had the correct letters in the correct spaces for strength/weaj/grave/disappear/healthy/ect..

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #9 [-]

20/02/14 20:29
You can do it yourself, it's not hard. Use the 12 branch/element chart if you don't know the right element order .

Alex 5 phase cycle is the short version of the 12 stage cycle of growth and decline. Each element (except earth) has to go thru each stage from birth (stage1) to developing (12), it is counted clockwise.

Water is born at s (1) etc.
Wood is born at h (1) etc.
Fire is born at y (1) etc.
Metal is burn at e (1) etc.

Following Alex 5 phases: If Wood is "Healthy" in sh (stage 12) than Wood will be a little bit stronger in h and a bit stronger at t, since t is next stage in cycle etc. in y & m Wood  will be at pick stage (Strongest) since y & m are Wood elements. 

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #10 [-]

20/02/14 21:22
Ok so I see how alex did not get the cycle in the perfect correct order, but it seems that either way he still pretty much shows at least that all of the healthy and strong elements that represent good luck are in some good category, and that all the elements that represent bad luck like a killing connection are in unhealthy, week burried, disappear ect categories, ok.

Well thank you truly. Man I don't know why this stuff seems so complicated. I think it is because of the order in how Alex teaches from his site.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #11 [-]

20/02/14 21:51
yeah, it's a bit messy

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #12 [-]

21/02/14 15:30
Sorry I have another question. Let's say that a hexagram has an appointed star that is killing another appointed star, but the element from the same star line that is doing the killing is also producing the element letter on the star like for example.

Let's say I want to know if a girl likes my brother. Then she would be appointed by the G star. But lets say the g star has the element of wood.

And my brother is represented by the star of B because he is my sibling, now on the B line my brothers element is lets say fire.

Now my from what I understand. In order for things to work out for my brother he needs the direction of good luck on his side, and not bad luck. And bad luck is represented by the appointed and the direction of cycles seen, such as the killing cycle shown in the fact that the B star is killing the G star. So his star represents a pattern of bad luck correct?

But at the same time the element of the girl is producing the element of my brother which would make it so that my brother is receiving good luck towards what he wants correct?

So is this a oxymoron? Or am I just confused?

Hang on maybe this is a better example. Lets say that based on this page. http://superiching.com/5elements.htm where it shows int he first example bob. Lets say that the example is exactly the same except for one change. Lets say that on the self line bobs star is not the R star so instead it is the P star. And even though the elements say that bob will make money, the star pattern also shows bob receiving a killing cycle because the G star kills the P star. Then what? Does he just re toss? Or does he still get the money? Which cycle is more important? The killing and producing cycle of the stars or of the elements?

Or does he just break even and not lose or win any more or less than what he started with?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #13 [-]

21/02/14 16:42
Look again at the Producing &  Killing cycles and the Stars in Bob's hex (or any other hex), when G is Wood ( G produce R) R will always be Fire in nature, if  G was Water than R would be Wood in nature etc. Same way when G is Wood (G kill P) P will always be Soil in nature.

You've got to always check strength of Stars when reading, even if B kill/repel/control G,  when B is very weak while G is strong , G will not be harmed, or if  you expect to receive money and Money star G is totally dead, even when line is connected to Self (J) you wont receive any money.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #14 [-]

22/02/14 00:55
Then, the killing and producing cycle of the elements is more important to look at then the killing and producing cycle of the stars?

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 22/02/14 01:00.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #15 [-]

22/02/14 03:42
Its not about who is more important, both are.
[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 21:59
wwfjdraw #16 [-]

22/02/14 14:14
Is there a certain order to reading the hexagram that makes the most sense? I mean like this. Do you read the stars first so that you can see who is who when it comes to appointed, and then do you look at the cycle between the stars and self life, and then look at the elements connection from the appointed star lines with the date and month? And then look at what lines are moving, and bounding, and then write down what strikes those bonds. I mean what is the specific order of what to look for first to the last?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #17 [-]

22/02/14 16:39
you'll know what to do as you progress 

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #18 [-]

23/02/14 19:15
Well I'm not done deciphering Alexs site for everyone to use, but I have successfully deciphered every page to find the laws to go by except a few.

The following pages have not been done yet so if anyone is an expert now is the time to share your knowledge and decipher the pages for the rest of us.
http://superiching.com/extreme.htm
http://superiching.com/traps.htm
http://superiching.com/morekillproduce.htm
http://superiching.com/importantlaw.htm
http://superiching.com/strike.htm
http://superiching.com/guastrikeback.htm
http://superiching.com/combo.htm
http://superiching.com/advance.htm
http://superiching.com/links.htm
http://superiching.com/hider.htm
http://superiching.com/strength.htm
http://superiching.com/strikeloose.htm
http://superiching.com/movingquiet.htm

To show my hard effort in this process I will share all the information I have learned from what I have already deciphered from the book.

So in the next few posts you will see pages of laws that have been deciphered from superiching.com that Alex never deciphered for you, instead he left an example, any you have to take from the examples what the laws are.

But it would be nice if anyone else who is trying or has ever tried to learn Iching could do us all al favor and not leave the deciphering completely to me because this is taking days per page, and this is a long process.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #19 [-]

23/02/14 19:17
First deciphered post:
Superiching has been online for several years now, and what have we all learned? That it is a complex and difficult book to memorize. If you understand the basic Killing and Producing concept and date of when something is happened then the rest should be as simple as reading the hexagram with the help of charts and step by step hexagram reading instructions.

I am new at this myself. so if anyone has anything they want to add, or change please inform everyone so that we may benefit from your help.

Example question: I (J line) want to know my direction of luck concerning this person/or thing of value (star identification) regarding the time frame of this (specifically state year/month/date/hour). (Regarding time you need to be specific in what part of time you are asking otherwise something may happen in year t but you don’t know if it is year t or month t or day t or hour t, so you have to ask specifically, and if you want to know all four then you have to toss four separate times, and each time asking specifically in your mind if it is the time date month or year, again otherwise you don’t know what god is telling you since it could mean any of them).

I suppose the first step is to save yourself some time from reading the hexagram entirely since apparently according to superiching.com you can use a few tricks or laws that represent a sure thing, so here we go:

I think the trickiest day for you to throw the coins is day II. ( c - II, h - II, yo - II, wa - II, e - II, and m - II )
Never toss on day ll.

Always look at the self line and the U line first before you focus on other lines because these 2 lines are the most important lines of your hexagram.
And if you have the same star that is on the u line as you do on another line then the U line is the main appointed star.

IF you get a J and U line with the same star and same element letter then RETOSS. That kind of hex is too complex.

When asking about death, if a star is weak and getting killed, but has only one or a small amount of help, then when that helper is struck that is when the person or thing could die. If a father has a sick kid, and the kid is dieing in the hexagram and the only helper is a P star then whatever element strikes the P star element is the time of death.

In a single hexagram:

(1) If the self line is being struck and is bounding to the appointed star, is this appointed star connected with the self line?

ANSWER: NO.

(2) If the self line is killing or is being killed by the appointed star, is this appointed star connected with the self line?

ANSWER: If the self line is killing the appointed star, there is no connection. But if the enemy appointed star is killing the self line, there will be danger. Let's say you are asking about your stock market investment. If the date strikes with a quiet B line causing that B line to move killing the self line's G money star, you will definitely lose money in the stock market. If a quiet G money star has been struck by the date and moves to kill the self line, do not expect to earn money. If the money star does not produce the self line, that money star will not benefit you in any way. Therefore, that money star does not connect to the self line.

(3) If the self line is producing the appointed star, is this appointed star connected with the self line?

ANSWER; NO.

(4) If the appointed star has been struck by the day and thus moves, will this appointed star somehow connect with the self line?

ANSWER: That depends. If the appointed star produces the self line, the appointed star does connect with the self line. If the appointed star does not produce the self line, the appointed star does not connect to the self line. If you are asking about something bad, the appointed star which kills the self line means that the appointed star is connecting to the self line. For example, if you are asking about a lawsuit, a moving R star which kills the self line could mean you will have serious legal trouble. (The R star represents the judge. If the R star kills the self line, the judge does not like you.)
(5) Let's say the month is actually the appointed star. If the month bounds to the self line, is the appointed star connecting to the self line?

ANSWER: YES.
(6) How come if the appointed star produces the self line, the appointed star is connecting to the self line?

ANSWER: Producing is the same as comforting or favoring. If a money star moves producing the self line, the money star favors the self line. Therefore, you know that you will receive some money. Killing is the same as hurting or damaging. Have you ever heard of a person who is being hurt or is disappointed for earning money? Therefore, a money star which kills the self line is a fake money star. A money star which kills the self line will only do damage to you and will not benefit you in any way. But remember this: If you got a single hexagram, the money star must produce the self line in order for you to earn money. If you got a double hexagram, the money star does not need to produce the self line. In a double hexagram, you still could earn money even if the money star kills the self line as long as the money star is healthy and moves.

A self line that has been struck by the date in a single hexagram holds a very important message! Let's say you got a single hexagram. Your self line has been struck by the date. If the self line is R, you definitely will find a job. If the self line is G, you definitely will find a girlfriend. If the self line is K, you are destined to become the loser. And this will all happen when the element is on either the date, or from the element on the self line, so if self line is T then that is when it might happen, or if date is whatever strikes T then that is when.
When you received a single hexagram, the appointed star is not producing or is not connecting to the self line basically means things will not happen. If asking about your wife, your wife will not show up if the wife star is not connected to the self line. If asking about your future success, you don't have a bright future if the R star is not producing or connecting to the self line. (Single hexagrams only)
Yes, sometimes you will see a 'double appointed' in your hexagram. Just focus on the one that is stronger or closer to the self line. If one is moving and the other one is not moving, just take the moving line as the appointed.

But if one of the appointed is moving, and the other appointed is not but they are linked together. So they are actually one! And are now both moving, then the law applies as a double appointed scenario.

By the way, if one throws the coins asking about illness or about marriage, bounding to the appointed by the date or by the month is a sign that the Lord is taking this person away.

Based on my experience, sometimes when both the U and the J are bounding to the date or to the month, things will not be successful. I don't care how strong my appointed star is. If I see that both the J and the U are bounding to the date, I would just throw the coins again to get another sign.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #20 [-]

23/02/14 19:19
Second deciphered laws.

First find out what is appointed,(the j line is the tosser so the J line is always the appointed line regarding the tosser) Then find the other appointing line or lines from there) then measure the killing and producing, then look for empty and hiders and write them down in the following sections

If you ask about bad things, a star which kills the appointed is connecting to the appointed.
Such as illnesses and sickness, trouble that already exists and you want gone.

But other than that when will something good happen if anything at all is shown by connecting by producing and bounding, maybe just maybe even striking.
Check for producing/killing:

First check for this friends:
Remember producing has more power then killing, so if the date is producing but the month is killing then the date wins, and therefore consider the month a 1 rank and the date a 2. But if the month is producing and the date is killing then the month wins.

Then This:
If appointed star are strong but are not connected to self life in any way then there is no connection, if anything bad luck. For example if your money star the G star is strong and healthy but it is not connected to the self line then money will not come to you. Which I guess could represent bad luck.

Then This:
Month and Date connection to appointed,
also check connection from appointed stars to other appointed stars,
and from the second hexagram (if there is second) connection between first hexagram lines that it once was and other lines that are appointed for example don’t just check to see the relationship between hex1 line 5 and hex2 line five, but also check relationship between hex1 line 5 and hex2 lines 1 through 6 and visa versa if they are appointed, if they are not appointed then skip.

Bounding
By the way, if one throws the coins asking about illness or about marriage, bounding to the appointed by the date or by the month is a sign that the Lord is taking this person away.

,Based on my experience, sometimes when both the U and the J are bounding to the date or to the month, things will not be successful. I don't care how strong my money star is. If I see that both the J and the U are bounding to the date, I would just throw the coins again to get another sign.

If you are unsure of the bondage being broken being the correct date then another possibility could be on the date that is the letter that the appointed star eventually turns in to in the last hexagram.

Month or date can bound to any line, but the appointed lines are the only ones that matter when asking a question.
moving lines can bound to moving lines
moving lines can bound to what they turn in to in second hexagram
remember binding also happens when the same element is seen. For example c bounds to c.

if month is bounding to appointed, then whatever strikes the bondage is when that lines active luck good or bad is happening, also appointed line is more important then month, for example, if appointed line is yo but the month is cn, then m is the chosen time because m strikes the appointed line, and if things don’t happen in m then they should in sh in this example because sh is what strikes the month, but the rule is whatever strikes the appointed is more important.
Also, if the month or date is bounding to the appointed then the appointed is considered stronger unless it is being killed by the month or date bounding it then it is considered week and not a good thing, in fact bad luck.

But sometimes, you don't need to break the bondage and things will still happen! Example…Say the second lline that bounds to the date or month in both the FIRST and SECOND HEXaGRAM even if the stars change then you must wait till the bondage is striked. Even if that means that the striking only happens to one of the hexagrams lines like for this example if the month or date bounded to both first and last in the second line of a hex but only striking one does not strike the other. Then what ever striking the second hexagrams element on the second line is when something will happen.The striker is When. This is likely.
But what is less likely but still a possibility is that whatever element letter strikes the element that is on the self line in the fist hexagram is when something can happen this is less likely.

If a appointed star has on its line a element letter that bounds to the element of the self line then what ever letter can bound to the letter on the appointed line that bounds to the self line is when something can happen, Or if an appointed star and letter in a hexagram on the same line but in a first or second hexagram with a different star and element letter then what ever bounds to that letter is Especially more likely of when.
If this happens you may want to re TOSS.
If a appointed line turns in to a future hex but same line element that bounds to the date of the toss, and you do not trust the bondage strike as the when something will happen, then the element that bounds to the date in this example could be the same element letter for when something happens soon.
Sometimes, a bondage does not need to be broken, and a line still can move.
Empty:
In an I-Ching hexagram, the lines that have the empty character will remain inactive or ineffective until it is fulfilled. When the year, month, date, or time of the empty character is reached, the empty character is no longer empty and thus becomes active. The empty character can also become active if a year, month, date, or time strikes it.

Important stuff: If the 2 lines which lie between the J and the U are empty, you have to wait for the emptiness to fulfill before things can happen.
Based on my experience, even if the date is striking the 2 empty lines, things won't happen before the emptiness fulfills.
Even linked! If for example line 3 and line 4 are the same, with same stars and same elements, then they are linked, and if just one line turns in to an empty element in the second hexagram then the other line does too, then if these lines are between J and U. This counts.

Let's say this is your first toss. If both J and U are empty, and both are not moving, your wish cannot come true. IOW bad luck
But if J and U are the same character, this rule might not apply. (For example: If U is wa and J is also wa, things might happen in the month of wa or on the day of wa.) If both J and U are empty, but they both are moving lines, this law also does not apply.

Let's say both J and U are empty. If only one of them is a moving line, the connectivity is still bad. In other words most likely same law as above with less certainty. Bad Luck.

Let's say both J and U are empty. If both of them are moving lines, things might happen.The connectivity between the empty J and the empty U will improve if both of them move. Even if both J and U are empty, the connectivity is pretty strong if both of them are moving lines. If the connectivity is strong, expected things will happen or your dream can come true. GOOD LUCK.

Here's the conclusion:

Let's say sh & h are empty dates. Both J and U have the element h, but the element sh is not appearing on the J line nor on the U line. Based on my experience, your wish will come true if this is your first toss EVEN IF THERE IS A PERMANENT 6 STRIKE. Everytime I got this kind of first toss, good things happened. But if you ask about trouble, trouble will also happen. Basically, only one empty element showing up on both J and U means your wish can come true. Trouble will come to you if you were asking about trouble. Things will happen when the emptiness of J and U is fulfilled. Let's say cn & e are empty. Both J and U contain the empty elements cn & e. If you got this kind of sign in your first toss, your wish cannot come true or things won't happen. If you ask about trouble, nothing serious will happen. But if you ask for success, there is no success. If J line moved but U line does not move, things still won't happen. If U line moves but J line doesn't move, things still won't happen. If both J and U do not move, things will not happen.
(Note: Let's say you tossed the coins on day cn - I. Both J and U have empty cn and e. Things still could happen because only element e is really empty. The element cn has already been fulfilled since you tossed the coins on day cn.)

Let's say t & c are empty, and this is your first toss. Both J and U contain the elements t & c. As long as both J and U are moving lines, things still will happen or your dream still can come true. If you ask for trouble, trouble will occur. Things happen when the emptiness fulfills.
Cup Commander
B e o G yo --
K wa -- U R h --
G yo o K c --
G yo o B w --
R h - J K cn -
K c -- P y --
Separate Look
P m - P m -
B e - J B e -
K wa -- K wa --
B w -- P m --
K cn o U B e --
P y -- K wa --
Big Storage Consume
R y - R m -
G t x U P e -
B sh -- B wa --
B cn - G h -
R y o J B c --
G t - R m -
If this is NOT your first toss, empty J and U actually means things will happen when the emptiness fulfills.

A person would usually ask a 'Yes or No' type of question for his first toss. For example: "Will something happen or not?" If the connectivity between J and U is bad because both J and U are empty, things won't turn out to be as perfect as expected.

When an empty element is being struck, it is no longer empty.

If a line from a first hexagram is bounding to the date, and the date is striking the same lines element in the second hexagram.

ANSWER: This line is most likely going to move on the element that breaks the bondage between the first hexagrams lines element and the date it is bounded too. Or when will happen as the same element that the first hexagram end up turning in to in the second hexagram depending on which element is on that line.

If the date is striking the first hexagrams lines element letter and the same line but second hexagrams element letter is bounded to the date then when will something happen?

ANSWER: This line is most likely going to move on the element that the first hexagrams element is. Or when ever strike the bondage from the second hexagrams element and the date is striked and broken.

If a line is bounded to the self life, then whatever strikes the self line is when something could happen, especially if the striking letter is the same as an empty date.

But what if the self line is also a moving line? The self line is a moving line if the date is striking the element letter on the self line, and if the self line is bounded to another lines letter element, Then odds are something will happen based on when the self lines element letter that is struck. So what ever letter is on the self line is when something will happen. Or things could happen on the element which is in the first hexagram that is a moving line and turns in to an appointed star that bounds to the self line, then,

If a moving line from a first hexagram turns in to an element on the same line but second hexagram as an element that bounds to an element on the self line And if the self line turns in to an empty date on the second hexagram then the empty dates is when something will happen.

if you have many bounds then whatever strikes the self line, is when something will happen if the self line is bounded. For example if the G appointed star is bounded to the self line then what strikes the self line is more important then what strikes the G star, because the self line is the most important when a question is regarding the tosser.

Striking: Even if there are or are not empty dates, if a month in a toss is striking an appointed line, that appointed might move based on what element the appointed line is. So if appointed line is G wa then Month c can also make G wa move because c strikes with wa.Or it might not move at all, and things may never happen even if you are asking a when question.

Hiders:

Hiders sometimes do come out even if they are not connected to the self line. But I think they must be connected to another appointed star then that is not the self line. And the element of said Hiding star and element is when something is most likely to happen EVEN IF THERE ARE EMPTY DATES. IGNORE EMPTY DATES and focus on HIDER ELEMENT. But again this is all speculation, and usually when a hider is not connected to the self line in any way it is useless. Either way you may want to retoss until you do not have a hexagram with hiders.
But if the hider bounding to either the date or month or any other line in the hex then it can not exist actively until something strikes it.

If the hider is strong and is also producing the self line, the hider definitely will appear. If not, you just have to toss the coins again to get a clearer message.Also if the hider is strong and producing the self line the hider element will be when something will happen and the empty dates should be ignored.

Want time of when but no bounding and no striking and no empty dates and no hiders?

First example: whatever lines are moving are lines when something will happen (unless they are of course tied up from bound and need strike)
Also first hexagram where the moving lines came from is the element to focus on not the second hexagram of what the moving line turned in to regarding when something will happen.

Last example: If no moving lines, Then find out what elements meaning the elements that are strong or week on a appointed line are strong or week and on those dates something will happen, if your luck is good then something good, if your luck is represented by bad then something bad.
[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:00
wwfjdraw #21 [-]

24/02/14 00:53
Also could someone check my work, so that I know that all this is not done in vain and that this is accurate?

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #22 [-]

26/02/14 02:34
Hey everyone I need some help with this newest law in Alex superiching that I am having trouble deciphering.

The example in super iching that I am referring to is the one on this page: http://superiching.com/extreme.htm
And it is regarding this example from the above page:

"BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS..........

A man is losing money in his new business. So he tossed the coins asking in which month can he sell his business to somebody else for a good price. He received [Trade] and [Stop].

Year Month Date Hour Empty Dates
w cn sh - iX t & c

Trade Stop
6 match
Hiders
B m - U G sh -
K e - R s -
G wa x K w -
G cn -- J B m --
B y -- K e --
P t o G wa --
The 1st line P t is dead because both the month and the date kill it. P t also turns into G wa which kills back at itself. The P star represents worries and frustration, and G wa represents money. If the money star G wa kills back at the frustration star P t, he will sell his business and receive some money. This month is cn. And three months later, it will be month wa. The 1st line basically is saying that he will sell his business and receive some money in month wa because G wa kills back at the dead P t. So he will find a buyer three months later.

But wait! The first line P t is empty, and P t will still be empty three months later. So his business cannot be sold in month wa? What's going on?
The first line P t can move in month t because P t is dead and empty. But wait! He also cannot sell in month t because month t will strike the 4th line K w loose. The 4th line also contains G wa. So the 4th line is linking to the 1st line. If the 4th line K w has been struck loose in month t, both the 4th line and the 1st line cannot move in month t. So what exactly is going on here? When exactly can he sell?
Result: He tossed the coins in month cn of year w, and he sold his business in next year's month wa. (month wa of year wa) The reason why he did not sell in month wa of year w is because P t was still empty in month wa of year w. He did not sell in month t because the 4th line was struck loose in month t. So he had to wait 15 months before he can sell his business. The emptiness of P t fulfilled in month t of year w. Then he sold his business in the wa month which came after the emptiness of P t has been fulfilled."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So here is the law I deciphered from the all of that:

"IF a moving line in the first hexagram turns in to an element in the second hexagram that is in the same family (as in family of wood, or metal, ext.) as both the month and the date then what ever element that is in this family but on a moving line is the same element letter as to when something will happen…………

Unless this element is one of the empty dates, then any of the empty dates element letter is when things could and most likely will happen, even if this same element is killed by the month and date……But if this has happened and the element in the first hexagram is being killed by both the month and date, and it is being also killed by the element to which it turns in to in the second hexagram then the element letter that is in the second hexagram that kills it is when something will activate for that line. I know this is true for moving lines, but I is this true for quiet lines to?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So my question to the iching masters is did I get the law correct from the example? Or did I get it wrong? I need to know what this law is so that I can read it every time I toss the coins to see if it needs to be applied to the readings or not. And after I get an answer from someone then I can continue on to my work deciphering alex super iching examples in this and the other chapters I haven't gotten to yet. I just wish Alex would just tell us what the laws are and then just give us an example. Any help is appreciative.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #23 [-]

26/02/14 04:40
Sorry can't help, I don't understand anything you say in this deciphering, as you call it.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #24 [-]

26/02/14 16:37
I thought you knew super iching from superiching.com?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu oh i undertsnad #25 [-]

26/02/14 20:16
oh I understand what Alex wrote in Super I-Ching.  I don't understand what you write when you try to explain,  in your words, Super I-Ching

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #26 [-]

27/02/14 03:44
Basically all I do is summarize superiching.com in to one page of instructions on how to check for every law that could be applicable when reading a hexagram.

So that this way you don't have to memorize every single law, cycle, ect there is to memorize.

I don't want to have to memorize every example and what he is trying to explain to us.

For EXAMPLE on superiching one one of the web pages Alex is telling the reader this:

"The 1st line P t is dead because both the month and the date kill it. P t also turns into G wa which kills back at itself. The P star represents worries and frustration, and G wa represents money. If the money star G wa kills back at the frustration star P t, he will sell his business and receive some money. This month is cn. And three months later, it will be month wa. The 1st line basically is saying that he will sell his business and receive some money in month wa because G wa kills back at the dead P t. So he will find a buyer three months later.

But wait! The first line P t is empty, and P t will still be empty three months later. So his business cannot be sold in month wa? What's going on?
The first line P t can move in month t because P t is dead and empty. But wait! He also cannot sell in month t because month t will strike the 4th line K w loose. The 4th line also contains G wa. So the 4th line is linking to the 1st line. If the 4th line K w has been struck loose in month t, both the 4th line and the 1st line cannot move in month t. So what exactly is going on here? When exactly can he sell?
Result: He tossed the coins in month cn of year w, and he sold his business in next year's month wa. (month wa of year wa) The reason why he did not sell in month wa of year w is because P t was still empty in month wa of year w. He did not sell in month t because the 4th line was struck loose in month t. So he had to wait 15 months before he can sell his business. The emptiness of P t fulfilled in month t of year w. Then he sold his business in the wa month which came after the emptiness of P t has been fulfilled."

Now Alex does a lot of talking and talking and talking, I mean I would rather just know what law I am supposed to be looking for then remember the entire example here that alex is trying to say. Because when I am reading the hexagram I know I am going to have to turn to my notes to remember what I need to look for in the lines when reading a hexagram so that I can see which rules I need to follow in order for me to read the hexagram properly.

So in the end of the example that is on superiching, and that I have also copied and pasted in this post, it says "then he sold his business in the wa month which came after the emptiness of P t has been fulfilled."

So what I need to do from the example is find out the lesson that is taught from the example of what to look for in the hexagram. So lets say that I write down something that in my notes as reminder to look for certain things in a hexagram that superiching.com has told me to look for when reading.

That is what I meant by deciphering. I meant in short easy to understand and clearly written notes what steps to take and what rules to follow in order to get the correct reading. So that this way I could just go through all the steps quickly and then at the end make a conclusion on the reading. And then as time goes by I would have memorized the steps from reading them off so many times.

Can you please help me with this? I'm sorry I was misunderstanding iching so easily.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #27 [-]

27/02/14 03:53
So from superiching.com in the example that showed. I was wondering if I was right when I was thinking that what it was teaching us students is that

IF a moving line in the first hexagram turns in to an element in the second hexagram that is in the same family (as in family of wood, or metal, ext.) as both the month and the date then what ever element that is in this family but on a moving line is the same element letter as to when something will happen…………

Unless this element is one of the empty dates, then any of the empty dates element letter is when things could and most likely will happen, even if this same element is killed by the month and date……But if this has happened and the element in the first hexagram is being killed by both the month and date, and it is being also killed by the element to which it turns in to in the second hexagram then the element letter that is in the second hexagram that kills it is when something will activate for that line. I know this is true for moving lines, but I is this true for quiet lines to?

In this section of my notes when I am all done composing them, I will have the notes in a tabs folder, and broken up in to groups. And this law to look for would be under the tab of "Moving and quiet lines and what you need to look for if you see them in your hexagram and even if they are appointed as well".

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #28 [-]

27/02/14 04:31
Is this one better?

IF a moving line in the first hexagram turns in to an element in the second hexagram that is in the same family (as in family of wood, or metal, ext.) as both the month and the date then what ever element that is in this family but on a moving line is the same element letter as to when something will happen…………

Unless this element is one of the empty dates, then any of the empty dates element letter is when things could and most likely will happen, even if this same element is killed by the month and date……But if this has happened and the element in the first hexagram is being killed by both the month and date, and it is being also killed by the element to which it turns in to in the second hexagram then the element letter that is in the second hexagram that kills it is when something will activate for that line. I know this is true for moving lines, but I is this true for quiet lines to?

If a moving line is dead because both the month and date kill it, and if this same moving line turns in to an element on the same line but in the second hexagram in to an element that kills back at it self, then under these conditions the element that is doing the killing, is when something will happen either for the question and the line, or maybe just for the line depending on what the appointed appointment is………………Ignore empty dates.. BUT. If this moving line is linked to another line that has in one of the lines hexagrams (first or last) that there is an element that is striking with month element then you have to wait until the empty dates fulfill of you have empty dates do not ignore this time.
[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:01
Xiao Hu  #29 [-]

27/02/14 06:03
Don't know,  I also  lack the interest needed to sit and figure what you try to say when I doubt you even know the basics well. Besides, most things Alex mention in this Adv example is already covered in other chapters. Don't take it the wrong way, I wanna help you, but not this way, sorry. 

Yes,  there are lots of laws to remember in the beginning, practice makes perfect, as time go by you will simply remember most of them, you will also get used to the way Alex teach.  My advice, spend time tossing and trying to read hexes, if i can, am also just a student, will do my best to help you.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #30 [-]

27/02/14 15:33
So you don't use any notes or instructions to remind you what to look for when reading a hexagram? You just have everything memorized?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #31 [-]

27/02/14 21:30
No, i don't use instructions to remind me what to read, you won't need that either if you practice daily.  I made a few charts to help me with different type of questions, just stuff Alex didn't cover in book.. You've got to understand there's so much to learn even Alex in his 1000 pages book couldn't cover everything.  I was lucky,  when I started learning many experts where in forum, learned a lot by just looking at the way they gave readings to others. You must remember those days, you've been around on and off past 10 years.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #32 [-]

28/02/14 01:31
But where did they all go?

Also on superiching.com on this page: http://superiching.com/otherstyles.htm

It says this on the page:

"The second style is to get an I-Ching sign based on the exact moment a question is asked. For example, if someone calls you now on the telephone and asks you a question or mentions about something, you just record the year, the month, today's date, and the exact time which the question was asked in order to get a number. Then you divide, add, and subtract this number in order to get an I-Ching sign."

I was wondering if you knew of any programs online that could be found in order to do this? Or if you know of any books that teach this exact type of iching?

Thank you.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #33 [-]

28/02/14 01:48
no, i don't.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #34 [-]

28/02/14 02:04
Well is superiching the best system out there? I have been checking online and so far I can only find systems that give quotes instead of direct yes or no and direct element letter like cn/sh/yo/t/c/ showing when something will happen.

So is superiching the only kind of it's kind? Or is it just the only one of it's kind in english and not china.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #35 [-]

28/02/14 02:37
yea, there are other prediction methods like Qi Men Dun Jia, Purple Star etc etc... just google 'Chinese fortune telling methods'. 

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #36 [-]

03/03/14 02:04
I hate to ask so soon again, but as a student I promise you have gained a friend for life, (a copy of all my notes), and I will dedicate my skills to reading hexagrams, so that if you ever want another opinion on your questions, I will be there to offer any assistance that you feel is worthy.

Ok now my question.
I am currently reading the page about advance and retreat lines, and at the beginning of the page Alex mentions that they are moving lines with blah blah blah, you get the picture... Anyways later in the page in the example, I think unless it was a typo... I think that Alex mentions a retreating line that is a quiet non moving line. So I just wanted to make sure for my notes, can a retreat or advance line be a non moving line too?

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #37 [-]

03/03/14 03:36
Also on the same page, Alex states at the top of an example this:

"A retreating line cannot bound to the self line if the self line does not move."

But then on the same page and still on the same example, it says this:

"A moving, retreating line cannot bound to the self line if the self line does not move."

So can somebody please confirm which is it? Or is it both moving AND any lines that are not moving?

Any help is appreciated.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #38 [-]

03/03/14 03:58
Are you talking about first example,  Hide (33)  turning to To much (28) ?

As for you other question, there no difference. Check the example hex that  Ret B  line is moving, Alex just didn't say the word moving above..    

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #39 [-]

03/03/14 05:04
Hang on I'm confused now. Ok lets start over. Lets redo the first question. Ok here goes:
So I know that moving lines can retreat and advance. And Just for the record, if a line is advance or retreating and is non moving, in other words it is not an O or X from the coin toss then can it still advance or retreat if it is non moving? And just to make sure about something a non moving line can turn in to a moving line if it is striking with the month or date correct?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #40 [-]

03/03/14 07:20
Line needs to MOVE to Ret or Adv. Alex's first words in chapter are :

A moving line which turns from an earlier element into a later element is called an 'advancing line'.
A moving line  which turns from a later element into an earlier element is called a 'retreating line'.

And just to make sure about something a non moving line can turn in to a moving line if it is striking with the month or date correct?

A quiet line will move if Day strike it or FUTURE MONTH strike it,  not current month.  I know this law well, till my teacher corrected me, many years thought current month can also strike a line to move...    
[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:03
wwfjdraw #41 [-]

03/03/14 15:07
You actually have a real life teacher who taught you? Not just superiching.com? OMG. I am so jealous. In real life here in washington state I can't find anyone who can teach this in real life. And if I did find someone who taught Iching, I bet it would be just something like hexagram quote explanation, that would be vague or misunderstood with no clear answer like a fortune cookie or a horoscope. Nothing as precise as superiching.

Thank you for answering my questions. I envy you, tell your teacher I said thanks.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #42 [-]

03/03/14 15:12
So if a quiet is struck to move by current day or future month, then that line is no longer non moving, and is then moving, and then that line that was once quiet can be a retreat or advance line correct? I just want to make sure that my notes are perfect.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #43 [-]

03/03/14 15:16
Oh would I also be correct in thinking that if a quiet line is struck and is a moving line, that things could happen for that line based on the same time of when something bounds to what ever element on the quiet line is being struck? And one more question, does the date or future month have to be striking an element on a quiet line in the first hexagram only to make it move? Or can it strike it in the second hexagram to make it move? I am asking because I think I remember somewhere learning that the first hexagram is more important than the second.

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 03/03/14 21:46.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #44 [-]

03/03/14 15:30
Hehehe he isn't that kind of teacher,  never met him, he's one of the experts who left ages ago. Learned a lot from him, still do, so I call him teacher, no idea how else to call him..

Back to your questions.. Yes for 1st one, and yes for other question, dates need to strike the 1st hex element for line to move.   

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #45 [-]

03/03/14 16:29
Now when you say dates, do you mean that for both the month and day correct?(and not just one instead of the other) So if a future month or current date is striking the element on the SECOND hexagram only then the line is not a moving line and things don't happen to what bounds to the element on the second hexagram?

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 03/03/14 17:03.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #46 [-]

03/03/14 20:55
- No, I mean dates as in day,  future year,  future month etc..
- a quiet line won't move when element on 2nd hex is struck by day, or future dates etc..
- a line will move if element on 2nd hex bound to day or month when bondage is broke.  Check example Trade (42) - Separate (59) in chapter Moving line & quiet line,

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #47 [-]

03/03/14 21:54
Ok I'm back on track now. Thank you.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #48 [-]

04/03/14 07:32
I have a little problem with a the example Alex gave for "a quiet line will move when bondage is broken". He did say this is based on his experience. To me, it would make more sense if bounding element was sitting on 1st hex, not 2nd (Kw), but what do i know.

Alex also ignored the other bondage (G cn with  month yo)  when he said " So in month t or in month c, the self line will act like a moving line.  This means the 2nd line B y can push the self line G cn toward K w because the self line will move in month t or in month c."

There's another example in book where Alex explained the result by showing  how a quiet line moved when element in 2nd hex was no longer bonding (Ge - date e). Here to there's another way to explain result, but like i said what do i know.. 

Please do me a favor and tell me if  you get a hex with a quiet line moving after bondage was broken with element on 2nd hex.. Have no one to ask anymore,  all i can do is wait till i get something similar to be sure.

1st example
Code:

Month: yo, Day: wa-II, Empty: cn & e

Trade - 42        Separate - 59

B m   -  U        B m   -  
      K e   -           K e   -  
      G wa - -          G wa - -
 R yo G cn - - J        K w  - -
      B y   X           G cn  -  
      P t   O           B y  - -

2nd example from chapter Linkers    

Code:

Month: cn, Day: e-VI, Empty: sh & h

Fog - 3           Hollow - 61

B t   X           K m   - 
      R sh  -  U        G e   - 
      P s  - -          R wa - -
 G w  R cn - -          R c  - -
      K y   X  J        K m   - 
      B t   -           G e   - 

Unstable

If you don't understand a word I'm saying, just forget it, this will be a good reminder for me to keep an eye on that.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #49 [-]

04/03/14 14:52
Is alexs superiching book not a good source to rely on for learning? If so tell me now. It would be nice if Alex would address issues and questions, but every time I have tried contacting him has fallen on deaf ears, and I can not understand why. Alex is a very interesting fella. On one hand we have a man who has (even if his invention does or does not work) dedicated his career to people benefiting based on asian beliefs of chi and magnets, and at the same time has done several interviews with the media, and even published an Iching book that seems to be in depth and one of the greatest achievements known to man regarding Iching...

But on the other hand, in his interviews, he seems unsure of himself, lonely, a slob in house keeping, without a girl friend, and is always predicting world war 3 but seems to never see it come to pass even though he is apparently an iching expert but yet he can not predict a single war. So on one hand he seems like a genius, and on the other he seems completely out of his mind, or at least a little out of touch with reality, I do not know what to think of him, and it gives me doubts therefore on what I can learn from him correctly, such as in this case iching.

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 04/03/14 14:58.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #50 [-]

04/03/14 21:18
I still think Alex's book is best source in English for learning this I-C method.  When Alex changed something, he mentioned that, so as long as you don't follow everything he says as if it was gospel you'll do fine.  For example,  it's better if you use your Local time when tossing, not Beijing time, hexes will be accurate even if Alex says they wont, or always changing set of empty elements on day I (they should be same as day II elements)    

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #51 [-]

04/03/14 22:06
But is Alex crazy?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #52 [-]

04/03/14 22:43
That's irrelevant to the matter in hand. Alex did a very good job revealing Wen Wang Gua (SuperIChing) on his site, free for anyone who wish to learn. He used abbreviations (t,c,y m, etc) which are not  traditional Chinese pinyin (Zi, Chou, Yin, Mao etc..) but from his invention, and by doing that + adding a few more tweaks he made it easier for us all to study WWG.  So, as long as you can't read Chinese is very good to study Alex's system, we shouldn't forget though from it come from, that's all.

Interact

[url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url][url=<a][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:04
wwfjdraw #53 [-]

05/03/14 00:26
Your right. I just had to ask, because it is hard understanding how someone could make such a good super iching site and yet seem to never show much enthusiasm in sharing or doing readings. I mean this man must know more about Iching then I could ever learn with what he has done converting Chinese to something that we can all understand. I look around and I wonder if any other people have translated Iching in to english in a specific system that can give yes and no and time of when answers to questions, but everywhere I look, it seem like the only iching that is in english is a quote or paragraph of spiritual meaning, I don't want spiritual meaning, I want straight answers that are specific regarding investing, safety, ect. And Superiching seems to the only thing that gives specific answers. Or are there others in english besides Super I?

And yet regarding readings. Why doesn't he just toss and find out when ww3 will start or when something or if something will happen instead of mastering a predictions system and then never seeming to ever know anything regarding the future? It makes me wonder if he has faith in his own system.

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 05/03/14 00:31.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #54 [-]

05/03/14 04:12
Alex  was still around a few years ago, I don't know, maybe he still practice I-C, just not publicly. 

There's a book called "The Secret of Wen-Wang Gua". This book is very informative,  a must if you wanna understand the basics of WWG, what it is and where it comes from. However book has very few examples of readings, 6 as far as i remember, also many laws are not mentioned.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #55 [-]

05/03/14 16:03
Does Alex cover every law possible?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #56 [-]

05/03/14 16:59
I'm not an I-C expert, all I  know is in book Alex says he added a lot  of laws based on his experience.  However, noticed other experts mentioning things Alex didn't write in Book. Alex doesn't believe mixing different I-C styles works, maybe that's the reason, don't know...

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #57 [-]

05/03/14 18:51
I'm just concerned with accuracy, and what system for English is the most accurate, after accuracy, easiness of course is what matters.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #58 [-]

05/03/14 20:50
Some questions are easier to read than others.  I think toughest ones are relationships Q - Stars and colors always have more than a few meanings + most chances you'll never know what the other person exactly  think/feel to know if your interpretation is accurate.  Above all you need to be a good tosser to get an accurate hex.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #59 [-]

05/03/14 21:33
On superiching.com Alex mentions both nearby lines, and neighbor lines. I believe that nearby lines in his examples are a two line maximum, like 1st line can be nearby 3rd. But lines 4,5,6 are far from 1st and are not nearby. But what is the difference with neighboring?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #60 [-]

05/03/14 21:56
not exactly sure,sry
[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:07
wwfjdraw #61 [-]

05/03/14 23:01
Alex could you please specify what you meant, it is your book after all, please and thank you.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #62 [-]

07/03/14 03:53
Nothing like the author of the book, willing to be there for their readers.....Anyways thank you. Also I have about 24 pages of notes from superiching, Alex when I am done, I will email a copy of them to you, if you want you can turn it into an ebook, and use my hard efforts to get more people interested in Super Iching which would mean more money to you AC. And the sooner I get these notes done, and basically converting your entire book, in to a group set of laws and 2 pages dedicated to charts. This could mean profit. I mean just imagine if everyone can consult just 100 pages of laws and with a chart to replace the entire book. However all I ask in return is that when I ask for help, I get it in the forum so that I may get this chore over with so that you and the rest of the country can benefit from your great teachings in superiching.

Edited 2 times by wwfjdraw 07/03/14 05:23.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #63 [-]

08/03/14 13:38
When you don't understand something, even if there's no one out there to help you, practicing (tossing) is a way to learn and figure out things on your own.  That road may be longer and difficult at times, but if there's a will you can over come all obstacles.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #64 [-]

08/03/14 19:55
I think you especially. I think Xiao you are more passionate about superiching then the author himself, I think you are very helpful, and that you may even understand it better than AC himself at this point. And I have decided to turn my notes in to a book. I will give proper credit to AC as the reference to who I got my material from for my book considering that the book is just a summary of Acs book and I will be sure to make it clear in print that AC is the original author of iching used his way. But I will DEDICATE it to two people. My girlfriend. And to you for helping. I will include an about the author section, and give credit to AC for the system of Iching my book is based off of and summarized about so that AC knows I am not stealing his thunder instead I am just making it clear that another book may just be an easier way to use the superiching system without it being 960 pages long to consult every time you do a reading. But I will not dedicate it to AC. He has not been helpful. I do not think that any iching system no matter how perfect it is should need to have all the pages that have examples on them just to review them all and see if a law applies to them or not. That is way to much work, to go through every time you do a reading. 

Alex is a brilliant iching teacher, but he has not summarized the book in a way that makes it acceptable to the majority of students especially those western raised.

Most people never ever going to consult and go through 900 something pages just to see if a law applies to them or not. I believe that this is the ONLY reason that Superiching although highly reviewed as I have seen, is also so unpopular and is such a failure in book sells. 

I truly believe that when my book is done that it will have less than 100 pages of every law to look for that those 900 pages mention without needing the other 800 to drag it out in examples that show the hexagrams, and take up room in the book, and that do not just always (al though AC sometimes) bluntly tell you what the laws to check for are. People want a summary list of laws and a description of them that is readable without causing as much of a headache as possible. 

Yes I will also give credit to AC telling people that Acs book is more accurate then mine, but it will not matter. Think of it this way, a gun slinger was asked what the best gun in the world to have on you in a gun fight is, and the gun slinger said the best gun for a gun slinger is the gun he has at the time he needs it the most. No one is going to get a gun that can shoot a bullet twice as far and that is better then the other guns in performance if this gun is made too big, to bulky, to heavy, and not stealthy enough to be the gun that the gunslinger has on him at all times. A gun slinger will not have a superior gun do him any good if an un planned shooting happens and he doesn't have any gun because he only wants to use one to do a job, and he does not take the big uncomfortably gun with him everywhere he goes unless he knows specifically that it will be used on that day because it is too uncomfortable to wear every day just for the off chance that you will need it. Same with superiching. Ac may be more accurate but it will not do any good if no one is willing to use his book to do readings with because 900 pages is to much of a headache to go through every single time. And yes you have to go through every single law check every reading because one simple law can change the outcome completely. Or you can memorize all the laws, but such a task is more work then reading Acs book and mine combined so that task is out of the question.

I truly believe this book will revolutionize superiching for new students to keep them interested long enough to learn Iching and practice it instead of giving up on it which can happen if a book is too long. And any iching is better than no iching. I will do my best to provide the most accurate notes possible.

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 08/03/14 20:02.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #65 [-]

08/03/14 21:23
Most chances Alex didn't read your posts, lately he visit board like once a month, try mailing him asking for help.  Yea, could be Alex isn't as passionate as he was years ago, but he still pay every year to keep site with on-line book and Hex-Generator working, not to mention you can study for FREE. So, even if Alex  wont  reply or give a reading to anyone, he already did enough for all of us asking for nothing in return.  

Listen, I didn't help you that much (but thx) and I certainly don't know more than Alex. If you practice daily you will know more than I do in no time, I'm pretty slow,  anybody else spending as much time as i did learning would be an expert by now  

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #66 [-]

08/03/14 23:30
Either way anything for a beginner is better than having to go through hundreds of pages. Everyone I talk to says it is a bad idea to make a book based off of another book, but then I tell them that Alex book is hundreds of pages, and I promise to be less than 100 pages but with same laws. Only diff is my book will say blunt what every law is. AC only does this sometimes, or he does this and then he shows an example of exceptions to that law but the exceptions are not always shown bluntly instead you have to read the examples and find each one so that you can get to the part of the laws, if all you want to do is check quickly what the laws are and check to see if your hex has them active and then look up based on that law look up how that law affects a line then AC book is not for you because with all those pages it would take forever, but with a summary book like this students can finally spend more time memorizing the laws and less time finding out what they are the hard way and then memorizing them on top of that.

When I tell them that then the same people tell me that I will be a hero to Iching, because I will be doing them all a huge favor. They all agree that hundreds of pages is not a book for most people so once I tell them that part, I all of a sudden have their support after they learn how big AC book is. I mean no disrespect.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #67 [-]

09/03/14 09:23
What I don't understand is why you didn't consult I-C about what you're trying to do, at least out of curiosity.  You know, usually people who just started to learn toss about almost anything.. Do you toss?  Do you try to read your own hexes?

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #68 [-]

09/03/14 16:53
I figured no point. There is no point of me tossing if I do not have complete notes to interpret the toss. If I interpret the toss where I am at now I could miss a law and get a completely bogus reading. If I do a toss this soon and get it right it could not be because of the laws I interpreted, but just a fluke. I will notes first. Then I toss.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #69 [-]

15/03/14 23:30
I hate to do this but I am stuck again. In AC superiching.com on this page: http://superiching.com/combo.htm

It says everything that AC wrote about the combos, and then he gets to a section that is called E and WA combos, and in that section in his examples he only gives an example of the 2nd line moving in both examples, and I was wondering if this law is only applied if this is in regards to the 2nd line like in the examples? So if everything happened like in his examples in real life but it was the self line and lets say the third or fourth or 6th line and not the second line then does the e and wa combo law still apply?

This help is appreciated. I am getting closer and closer to finishing my notes.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #70 [-]

16/03/14 00:56
Alex would probably say that e-wa combo ONLY work with 2nd line etc if it was the case.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #71 [-]

16/03/14 01:36
What about you friend? Do you believe that is true?
[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:09
Xiao Hu  #72 [-]

16/03/14 01:53
you mean true as in e-wa combo only works when 2nd move?

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #73 [-]

16/03/14 02:00
Yes.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #74 [-]

16/03/14 02:27
If this combo really works to begin with, than no. You can get e-wa combo forming on other lines for example in hexes 35-16 or 9-5 if day strikes 5th to move.

Now b4 you ask me what i think about all those little combos like e-wa, h-y etc am already advising you to learn from your own experience. Start tossing and see for yourself if they work or not. Best thing to ask are timing questions, why? you don't need to believe in anything, either law works or not, its as simple as that .

BTW, Timing Q are questions asked about when something will happen, preferably something happening in a few days, if you wanna learn fast. 

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #75 [-]

16/03/14 05:57
Well I pmd AC. hoping he will come and add some guidance to make sense of this. I will list in my notes that AC book recommends it one way and that a wise teacher like Xiao says it applies another way which is more than just the 2nd line. Anyways. I have another question. In many of AC combo laws that are mentioned after E and wa and also with e and wa it seems as if there is only a certain set of stars that the laws will work with or at least that is the way AC make it seem since he seems to use the same stars as he does in one example which are the same stars he uses in the other examples for certain laws. So do the stars have to be only the ones mentioned in his laws or can you use the e wa law and with stars that were not mentioned in the e and wa laws?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #76 [-]

16/03/14 06:25
So funny,  I almost choked while drinking water!! I'm not a teacher, or anything close to that,  I'm just a student who right now knows a little more than you do There are no real teachers or experts around here no more, you would see difference right a way,  trust me  

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #77 [-]

16/03/14 06:37
As for your last line question.. When you actually get a hex with e-wa combo will answer that  

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #78 [-]

16/03/14 16:28
What happened to the experts? Why did they become extinct like an endangered species? I remember there used to be a tosser known as Hapoel who was supposed to make a lot of money for himself and everyone who believed in Iching good enough to trust him with their money in a sports betting pool to make everyone rich. What happened with all that?
[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:12
wwfjdraw #82 [-]

17/03/14 19:55
Another question. Sorry I have to keep asking you, but I tried PM'd AC and for some reason he does not help. http://superiching.com/combo.htm

This is regarding the time wasting combo. In the first few examples AC mentions the combo with the elements of W/CN/Y/T. But then in the last example regarding the time wasting combo AC for the first time mentions the combo without the w/cn/y/t. Instead the last example in the hexagrams only show elements w/y/t. I was wondering then does that mean that you have to have the elements of w/y/t, and that cn does not matter or what? Because AC does not go in to any detail about the elements specifically and why there is a difference in the last example when compared to the other previous examples shown? Again I tried PMing AC but he is scared or something when it comes to addressing any concerns or questions regarding what is in his own book so you are my only hope of any help what so ever. All help is appreciated.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #83 [-]

17/03/14 20:48
Alex isn't scared, he just ignores your questions.

If question is about hex12 -23 (3rd example) in "time wasting combo" than i have no idea why Alex added an example without elements necessary to from the combo he talks about.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #84 [-]

17/03/14 20:57
To answer your question about which example, it was the one that had this for the tossers question: "A man asked when will his long term illness be cured. He received [Stop] and [Strip].".

So then my question is what makes the combo? Does it have to be all four of the elements of w/cn/y/t? Or can it be like in AC book and in the last example where it did not need it? But if it does not need all four of them, then which ones of the four are needed? Only three out of four? Or 2 out of four? If so which two? Or which which three?

This is why AC is so frustrating in his book.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #85 [-]

17/03/14 21:11
You've got a choice -  move on, you''ll learn many things from your own experience. 

Already said I don't know, I'm not Alex

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #86 [-]

18/03/14 00:35
Well even though your not AC, all of your help is appreciated. Ok, last question regarding combos, in the last combo mentioned which is the hesitation combo on the site it states two examples of the combo, and in both examples the same stars are used. I was wondering if this combo therefore only is applied if the same stars are used with the combo elements as shown in the examples? Or can you use the hesitation combo with all the proper elements, but with stars that are not mentioned in the examples?

This is my last combo question and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #87 [-]

18/03/14 01:18
what do you think? only the stars in example form that combo or all other stars can form it as well ?

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #88 [-]

18/03/14 02:42
I think if there is a book about laws, and that if the author does not write specifically what the rules of the law are, that anything is then possible. But I also think that the author of such a book then would never allow the only examples of the same law to be showing exactly the same stars in every example of the same law unless the author actually wanted their readers to only apply the law in the manner it was shown in the hexagram examples of that law..Especially since the author did not specify in text that the law does not have to have the exact stars shown.

So therefore even though I am not sure, I would say that if I had to make a decision I would say that unless I am informed otherwise, that AC and majority of iching experts would say that the law only applies if the lines involved in the law in the reading have at least one of every star in iching. And that the law would not apply if the lines involved collectively did not have at least one of every star in iching.

So then yes I suppose you must have all the stars BPKGR shown on the lines of the combo in order for the law to apply.
And for example if you had on the three lines that have the correct elements, were moving, but only had for example 2 G's, and 2 B's, and 1 R and 1 K (and NO P) then I guess the law will not apply.

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 18/03/14 02:49.
Interact

[url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url][url=<a href=][/url]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:13
wwfjdraw #89 [-]

20/03/14 23:42
Ok wtf. I must be losing my mind. This makes me troubled. On page. http://superiching.com/guastrikeback.htm

It Said
"The 4th line G wa moves turning into K w which produces back at G wa. K w cannot kill nor produce any other line because K w can only produce back at G wa. So K w is dedicated to G wa. But G wa can produce or kill other lines.

One I-Ching scholar said, "If G wa moves turning into K w, that line cannot move because they bound to each other. But that line can move when their bondage is broken in month t or in month c." That is not true! What he said is nonsense. Do not believe in that theory. If G wa moves turning into K w, their bondage will not hinder their movement. Even if K w does bound back at G wa, G wa can still move to kill or produce other lines. You don't need to wait for month t to break open their bondage. In fact, that line will become loose in month t because month t will strike that line loose!

That means the 4th line G wa shall move to kill the self line P t most likely in month w or in month wa. The 4th line G wa will most likely stop moving in month t or c because month t or c will strike the 4th line loose."

Is it just me or did AC contradict himself though? I mean at first he makes it appear, that things happen wa or W. Then he makes it appear that things will happen t or c. Then in his next example on the same page it says that things will happen C or T. But then why did he say otherwise? What lesson is correct? I am trying to figure it out for myself and I am doing a good job at 90 percent but I do need another opinion. Any help is needed.

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 20/03/14 23:51.
Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #90 [-]

21/03/14 13:10
In example 4th line need to stop moving for the boy's father to feel better (dates t,c cut line loose). If it was a different question and 4th was the helper, not the enemy, timing would be w or wa.  

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #91 [-]

21/03/14 19:59
Ohhhhhhhh. I get it. The time is based on effectiveness. What it bounds to is when the effect of something is active, and if it is a helper then that is when good things happen, and if it is an enemy or someone helping the enemy that is when bad things will or continue to happen, if you want something bad to stop, then the striker of the bondage is when something will stop like if it strikes the bondage of a enemy. And if it is something good that you want to happen, where you are happy that it is doing what it is doing then the bondage is when something will happen.

THANK YOU. Your a very wise teacher, I can and have already learned so much from your guidance, your friendship, and your advice.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #92 [-]

21/03/14 20:25
I do have one more question. 

AC said "If K cn moves turning into G yo, G yo can produce or kill other lines.  But K cn cannot produce or kill other lines because K cn can only produce G yo.  Which means, K cn is dedicated to G yo.
If R m moves turning into B sh, R m can kill or produce other lines.  B sh can also kill or produce other lines." 

So if I am understanding this correctly. If element produces it's future self than that said element can not produce or kill anything else, and the future self, is able to produce or kill anything else.

But if the element kills it's future self then both the element and the future self can produce and kill?

Is that deciphered or interpreted correctly?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #93 [-]

22/03/14 11:17
Yea, that's what Alex said. 

I know how it feels when you don't understand, or sure about something, and there's no one to help you.   So please feel free to ask questions, just keep in mind I still have lots to learn myself, I ain't no expert or anything close to that, ok? 

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #94 [-]

22/03/14 18:03
Ok. Well I have been stuck for few days on another question. http://superiching.com/guastrikeback.htm

AC shows many examples of duplication gua, and in almost every example he is using both bottom and top duplications in the same readings. So I was under the impression that the only time a duplication gua law was important is if it is if you are doing a reading and BOTH top and bottom guas duplicate. My question is before I go in to my next question, I first want to make sure that I am correct. Am I correct in thinking that the laws should only be looked up in my notes if I am doing a reading and BOTH top and bottom duplicate? Or was I wrong, and only one or the other can duplicate and the laws would matter anyways even if it is a reading with one duplication and not both bottom and top. Would I be right in thinking that?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #95 [-]

22/03/14 21:06
Alex is pretty clear when laws works only with upper or lower gua duplication, so pay attention to what he says, and less for example he picked. 

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #96 [-]

23/03/14 00:34
Your right I know. I should have gone over the information better before asking a question, I think I have it settled now. But the next question I am asking is something that should be easy to understand based on how little is written to explain the example. And I have gone over it several times already. I will meditate tonight. And with a clear mind I should be able to tackle it. But if I do not tackle it after going over it a few times over and over I will ask.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #97 [-]

23/03/14 13:13
Tried still stumped though. In this example. AC says

"This is not my first toss, so the 6 strike has no meaning. The top line G sh should move first. But since the 5th line R s is empty, R s could actually move before G sh moves.

Result: I sold on day y because day y has struck with R s and fulfilled its emptiness. The 2nd line's B y moves and advances because I sold and lost some money on day y.".

Now I am confused about the part where he said that the top line should move first, because the top line is the future farthest. And the lines below it represent the 6th lines past. So why say that the top line was ever destined to move first? I understand the rest of what he is saying about the day striking y and all that emptiness fulfilled lingo. But I am stumbled as to why or how the top line could ever move before the lines in the past that are below it.

#98 [-]
 #99 [-]
 #100 [-]
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:16
wwfjdraw #101 [-]

23/03/14 19:39
Day of toss is 11 in calendar. sh is a moving line and things happen for moving lines on the same 1-12 as the moving line in first hexagram or to the date that bounds to it, which is m for sh. And s is a moving line, so things can happen either s or e. E is 4 in calendar. Therefore 6th line moves before the 5th line. Except when an empty date is the same 1-12 as the first hexagram moving line 1-12. Then things will happen with the 1-12 that strikes with the empty date. And therefore y first. Y is the 1-12 that strikes with the empty date's 1-12 that is S. And I guess that law is of empty fulfillment is more important because it came soonest in the calendar. Did I get it right?

And with Y as 1 in calendar, it happens before M because M is 2 in calendar. 5th lines action of time is Y, 6th lines is M.  Therefore 5th line first, and 6th line second, but if the date was not empty on 5th line, then things would happen first on either m or sh, and for s either on s or e. And therefore the 6th line would move first. Does this lesson prove that the 5th line and 6th line always has a law that needs to be looked up, and things need to be rethought if you come to the conclusion that a future line can happen before a past line, and then you have to look up the laws to make sense out of it all because it is impossible in the end for a past line to happen after a line after it that represents the future?

Edited 1 time by wwfjdraw 23/03/14 19:54.
Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #102 [-]

23/03/14 20:16
Wait a minute. A black R is a robber, so that makes sense that he lost money on day Y when he sold his stock like he said he did. But that does not explain why he sold his stock on that date, why did he not just do it on the G date, since R represents bad money luck like a robber why did he do it on the R date, shouldn't he have stated in his book that when he did that that it was a bad move on his part? And shouldn't the green G represent a treasure that is expensive, well that sounds like stock to me. Wouldn't he have made more sense if he acted on the G's date of effectiveness not on the R's? The reason I am asking is because if I have stock, then I want to know the correct date to act on, and AC chose the date in which he seems to have lost money, but he does not seem regretful, or that he made the wrong decision when he reports the results in this example. So I am not sure what he is trying to say. Of course we will never hear from him, so Thank you for any understanding you could bring.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #103 [-]

23/03/14 20:33
Reason Alex said 6th should move first is law mentioned  by him in the beginning of section where example is. 

The most popular top gua duplication has moving 5th and 6th line.   The 5th line is s, and the 6th line is sh. 
Usually, the 5th line s cannot move before the 6th line sh moves.  I know this because I have never seen the 5th line s move before the 6th line sh unless the 5th line s is empty or has been struck loose.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #104 [-]

23/03/14 21:20
I think after this chapter I need a break. Everything in my head seems like a scramble of everything I have been learning. But then why did he allow himself to lose money? Or am I wrong?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #105 [-]

23/03/14 22:19
Alex minimized the damage by selling on day y when money killer B started to advance, like he said he lost SOME money, not everything.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #106 [-]

28/03/14 18:24
I'm done with the chapter I last asked you about. Thanks to your help. So thank you big time. And I have good news I am almost done with the strike repel chapter. And I literally so far have only one question for the entire chapter, and that is that on the hexagram example shown second to last on the page, if it was not the second toss but if it was then instead the first toss and if the same reading came with a 6 strike then would the ending still be good money luck overall? Or would it be after everything that has happened because of the 6 strike bad luck? I am honestly stumped, and I am almost done as you can see based on what example I am asking about (before last). And I really just need to hear a confirmation, and your help is appreciated.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #107 [-]

28/03/14 20:53
Law Alex speaks about above eliminate the 6 strike in both hexes.  Now, Alex said
"5th line's R winner star moved and bounded to the U line's P combo.  The bad news has just turned into a winning good news! "
in 2nd hex

But since the 5th line R advancing star moves and bounds to the U line, the U line is considered a moving line.  (The 5th line and the U line formed an alliance.)  This alliance is a good news because G cn money star (on U line) bounds with the winner star

Alex didn't have any luck in the end, and the good news he talks about are as helpful as medicine cup glasses to the dead,  he already sold stock losing even more money on day w when stock dropped sharply. 

Your question is off the mark when results show only how things didn't turn well for Alex. 

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #108 [-]

29/03/14 01:07
Thank you. My mind is easily off focus due to the stress. All help is wonderful. Another chapter is done.
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:17
]
wwfjdraw #110 [-]

02/04/14 19:44
wwfjdraw wrote:

I was also wondering. Alex said that "Let's say this is your first toss. If powerful enemies are killing your appointed stars from four sides, don't expect any good news even if the 2 lines which lie between J and U are empty."

But in the example that he uses that law it says "A man bought some stocks, but the stocks' value dropped.  He has held on to his stocks for many years already, but the stock value just would not go up.  He is about to give up.  He tossed the coins for the very last time asking can he break even within 6 months, and he got [Hurt] and [Extreme]."

So are we the students to think that even if this is not the first toss that the rule is applies? Because in the first sentence that I read regarding this rule he says specifically the first toss, then he gives an example and in it he says the man tossed the coins for the very last time  asking about an issue where this law is given. But then that would imply automatically based on how it is shown that this is not the first toss. So does this rule work only if it is with the first toss regarding a specific question? Or does this law only work on first and last tosses? I hate to be so question filled and I especially hate the idea of saying anything bad about alex, but it almost seems like even though he spent 5 years learning this that he did not use a professional editor to go over his book before he had it published or online because there are easy confusions that sound like contradictions to those who read it. I'm sure Alex knows what he's written about.. But the way it is written is as if it is not written by a professional writer, or not edited by a professional to make it easy to understand, and in a book that is not just telling a story but is a instruction manual that is a dangerous matter.

Alex or any one if you could speak up and help a student that would be wonderful, thank you my friends.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #111 [-]

04/04/14 04:46
Lets say you have a stock for a few years and you ask  if you can break even in January = 1st toss. Asking again if you can break even in Jan = 2nd toss. Another question later on in Fab with a different  time frame = 1st toss, even if you ask about the same stock.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #112 [-]

04/04/14 18:43
Ok. So it was a first question for that month type of deal? So the law would count if it was a first question of the month then?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #113 [-]

04/04/14 20:30
It was just an example . There's a difference between asking same question again (2nd toss) to asking another question with a different time frame, a different inquiry or whatever for same matter, or subject.

Now, If Alex picked that example to show a law that speaks about first tosses than question is probably a new one, a question he didn't ask before.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #114 [-]

05/04/14 00:25
Thank you.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #115 [-]

06/04/14 22:08
On this page: http://superiching.com/importantlaw.htm

AC said "The 1st line's P t frustration star also links to the self line."

But in the hexagram I do not see it. Can someone please point out how there is a link? I know that same star and same element on different line's will link those line's and I know about the other links that are mentioned, but I do not see the link that is mentioned in the hexagram. I will post the hexagram now.
Code:

Year: w, Month: t, Day: s-III, Empty: cn & e

Abide - 17        Solution - 40

G wa - - U        G sh - -      grn
      R yo  O          R s  - -      blk
 K w  P h  -          K w  -      wht
      G cn - - J        K w  - -      gry
      B y  X          G cn  -      yel
      P t  O          B y  - -      red

Stable           

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #116 [-]

06/04/14 22:24
1st line linked to 2nd (B y)
2nd linked to Self (Gcn)
therefor 1st linked to Self (3rd line)

BTW, Alex explained that 2 lines after he said  "1st line's P t frustration star also links to the self line."

The 1st line is linking to the 2nd line, and the 2nd line links to the self line.  So the 1st line is linking to the self line.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #117 [-]

06/04/14 22:39
Oh so it is a link by a link. Ok ok. Sorry. Thank you!

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #118 [-]

07/04/14 00:45
Ok I think I got something, but it was so complicated before I keep it in my notes I want to make sure that I am correct.

In one of AC example where the empty date was in a hexagram on a line, and with the month of toss, being an empty date itself, it meant that when the future strike of the empty date in the hexagram is when something will happen.

But then later though. It seemed that the law changed, that in the following next example it seems that even though the month of toss was empty that the empty ness would fulfill on the next years empty date instead of what strikes with it. I can only conclude that the reason it is different is because the empty date was part of a retreating line, and therefore the law is different for that reason. I just wanted to make sure I correct. Was I?
[
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:19

Xiao Hu  #116 [-]

06/04/14 22:24
1st line linked to 2nd (B y)
2nd linked to Self (Gcn)
therefor 1st linked to Self (3rd line)

BTW, Alex explained that 2 lines after he said  "1st line's P t frustration star also links to the self line."

The 1st line is linking to the 2nd line, and the 2nd line links to the self line.  So the 1st line is linking to the self line.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #117 [-]

06/04/14 22:39
Oh so it is a link by a link. Ok ok. Sorry. Thank you!

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #118 [-]

07/04/14 00:45
Ok I think I got something, but it was so complicated before I keep it in my notes I want to make sure that I am correct.

In one of AC example where the empty date was in a hexagram on a line, and with the month of toss, being an empty date itself, it meant that when the future strike of the empty date in the hexagram is when something will happen.

But then later though. It seemed that the law changed, that in the following next example it seems that even though the month of toss was empty that the empty ness would fulfill on the next years empty date instead of what strikes with it. I can only conclude that the reason it is different is because the empty date was part of a retreating line, and therefore the law is different for that reason. I just wanted to make sure I correct. Was I?

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #119 [-]

07/04/14 01:40
Alex wrote in one of the first chapters :

In an I-Ching hexagram, the lines that have the empty character will remain inactive or ineffective until it is fulfilled. When the year, month, date, or time of the empty character is reached, the empty character is no longer empty and thus becomes active.   The empty character can also become active if a year, month, date, or time strikes it.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #120 [-]

07/04/14 13:44
Ok. But then how do you know exactly which will happen? The empty date or? The strike when reading?
~

on Thu 29 Jun 2017, 22:20
Xiao Hu  #121 [-]

07/04/14 20:04
Basically you don't, things can happen when empty is no longer empty or when line is struck.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #122 [-]

07/04/14 20:07
Thats what I was afraid of.

Interact

Reply Quote
Xiao Hu  #123 [-]

07/04/14 20:10
Afraid of ??? That's how I-C works, sometimes, things can happen on certain date or another.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #124 [-]

07/04/14 20:17
Sorry I just hoped. That my notes could be more specific though.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #125 [-]

08/04/14 00:06
But thank you anyways. You are very helpful.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #126 [-]

05/05/17 13:09
Well I'm mback everyone, I back rom my vacation from i-ching and still looking for an aprentrice to help me finish my summary book of all of superiching.com.

Interact

Reply Quote
Ben #127 [-]

05/05/17 22:11
wwfjdraw, have you checked out my book on Amazon "Oracle I Ching"? It's a pocket edition with quick reference and cheat sheet. Only $4.95 on Amazon.

Interact

Reply Quote
wwfjdraw #128 [-]

10/05/17 11:19
I'm broke, next time I get paid, I'll buy a copy.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum